Who Drives Our Commute?
When you Commute with Enterprise, we recommend sharing driving duties between the members of your group. That way everyone gets time back to relax or be productive. You can designate different days of the week, being sure to plan ahead and choose a backup driver if a commuter is out on vacation or working from home.
All drivers must submit an application for approval before they are given the keys. Each driver’s MVR (Motor Vehicle Record) will be checked annually. The program requires that each approved vanpool driver meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid driver's license.
- Be 25 years of age or older*.
- Have no more than two moving violations and/or at-fault accidents in the previous three years and no more than four moving violations and/or at-fault accidents in the previous five years.
- No major convictions in the past five years (i.e. driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, driving while impaired, failure to stop and report an accident, driving while license is suspended or revoked, possession of drugs or open containers of alcoholic beverage, reckless driving and/or participating in a speed contest, drag or highway race, or attempting to elude authorities).
- Be licensed a minimum of five years in the United States.
- Meet and comply with any laws/criteria required by the state where the vanpool is operated (i.e. medical requirements, drug screen).
*In Michigan and New York, the minimum age is 18. Significant restrictions and surcharges apply to drivers who are less than 25 years old. Contact your local Commute location for more details.
See what a typical day looks like when you Commute with Enterprise.